KATY INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT
Title: Senior GIS Developer
Reports to: Manager, Analytics & Data Warehouse
Duty Days: 238 Days
Wage/Hour Status: Exempt
Pay Grade: T12
Date Revised: 1-2018
How to apply:
Please apply through our district website at www.katyisd.org .
- Bachelor’s degree required in GIS, computer science, engineering or related field.
- Working knowledge of GIS principles and practices.
- Advanced knowledge of geospatial development, ESRI mapping software, and relational database management.
- Proficiency developing in the ArcGIS platform.
- Ability to Build and automate processes to maintain, distribute, and consume spatial data.
- Working knowledge of SQL scripting preferred.
- Skilled in developing and maintaining base maps and base map information in ArcGIS.
- Knowledge and experience in planning principles and practices as applied within a municipal environment.
- Skilled in strategic thinking related to planning for growth and development.
- Ability to train others in the use of GIS technology.
- Skilled in reading and interpreting maps, plans, plats, easements and other planning related documents.
- Skilled in communicating and facilitating discussion with groups ranging from small to large associated with planning issues.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license.
- Primary Purpose:
Assist the District in all aspects of GIS including: designing new GIS analysis methodologies, applications and strategies; updating and maintaining enterprise GIS database to include all base mapping data; aiding in planning for growth including providing support for the District including: land planning and acquisition, land development research and analysis, infrastructure development and building capacity analysis.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the design, data collection, and operation of a comprehensive GIS, including base mapping and application maintenance.
- Responsible for comprehensive demographic analysis including planning for district growth and student projections, including coordinating with retained demographic and planning consultants.
- Provide support for transportation system integration with enterprise GIS. Provide support in editing zoning, utilities and/or hazards map.
- Dialogue with GIS and/or Land Use planners in support of District planning goals.
- Coordination with other local governments on mapping or grid concerns that impact the district.
- Assist in property acquisition, land development research and analysis and infrastructure development.
- Assist in economic development studies including rent to income apartment development analysis.
- Facilitate group discussions, make presentations, and prepare reports related to planning matters.
- Assist the Construction Department in the management and archiving of digital drawing files including providing digital drawing/graphic support as required.
- Provide input into the Long Range Facilities Planning Process.
- Perform all other specified duties as assigned by the Director of Application Development & Support.
Standard office equipment, including computer and specialized software; mapping plotters and electronic scanning devices; digital cameras.
Ability to see, hear, talk, stand, sit, walk, stoop, push and pull. Occasional prolonged and irregular hours. Work primarily in an office environment and some site work expected (occasional district-wide travel). Frequent exposure to temperature extremes. Moderate lifting and carrying 15-44 pounds. Prolonged use of a computer and repetitive hand motions. Maintain control under stress.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.