The City of Henderson announces an examination to create an eligibility list and to fill one (1) vacancy for the classification of Senior GIS Analyst in the Department of Utility Services. The eligibility list may be utilized to fill vacancies for this classification for up to one (1) year.
Under limited supervision, performs complex technical work related to Geographic Information Systems (GIS), designing and developing GIS applications; and performs related duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in GIS/Geography, Planning, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- Three (3) years of professional level experience in developing and implementing automated GIS geographic information systems
- Note: An equivalent combination of related training and experience may be considered
- Must possess and maintain a valid Nevada or “border state” driver’s license, as defined by NRS 483
- Must pass a nationwide fingerprint-based record check, and a wants/warrants check.
- Must complete Security Awareness and National Crime Information Center (NCIC)/Nevada Criminal Justice Information System (NCJIS) certification within six months of hire/transfer and be recertified every two years. Must maintain certifications in NCIC/NCJIS as a condition of continued employment.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.