Analyzes complex GIS data to identify spatial relationships and makes necessary calculations to translate data and information into required results that facilitate business activities. Uses GIS software to load and analyze data, prepares and produces maps of oil and gas pipelines, facilities and land interests and works interactively with others to create, maintain and update spatial data. Creates and updates datasets and performs data conversions. Performs image geo-referencing, data entry, digitizing, attribute editing, queries and integration of data within the company. Autonomously initiates and solves a diverse range of complex problems and tasks using innovative solutions.
- Prepares, creates and prints maps by collecting, analyzing and interpreting spatial data
- Creates well plats, alignment sheets and other survey items
- Creates, maintains and updates GIS datasets
- Proactively works with multiple teams and disciplines to maintain and protect data quality and integrity
- Reviews existing or incoming data for currency, accuracy, usefulness, quality or completeness
- Conducts datum and coordinate system conversions and adjusts spatial data
- Develops, compiles and maintains complex reports to comply with company, SOP, DOT and state regulatory requirements
- Performs complex geospatial data building, modeling or analysis using spatial analysis, data manipulation or GIS software
- Designs and prepares graphic representations of GIS data using GIS hardware or software applications
- Displays results of analyses using maps, graphs or tabular data (e.g., asset maps, weekly operation maps, land interest maps)
- Selects cartographic elements needed for effective presentation of information
- Delivers map requests to stakeholders in a timely manner
- Provides technical support to users or clients regarding the maintenance, development or operation of GIS databases, equipment or applications
- Serves as a resource to less experienced GIS Analysts
Education and Work Experience:
- 6+ years of GIS experience
- Experience with ESRI ArcGIS products, spatial data issues (e.g. projections, coordinate systems, data sources) and database design
- Associate’s degree in Geography or related field and/or GIS certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography or related discipline preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expert knowledge of GIS databases and technology, geography and topographic maps
- Expert knowledge of design concepts to prepare meaningful and useful maps
Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent spatial ability to analyze GIS data, identify spatial relationships and display results using maps
- Excellent mathematical skills to perform complex calculations and conversions accurately
- Excellent critical and analytical thinking to analyze GIS data
- Inductive and deductive reasoning to interpret GIS data
- Creative thinking skills to prepare meaningful and useful graphic representations of GIS data
- Strong pattern recognition skills for ordering information in a variety of ways in order to detect patterns and identify spatial relationships
- Attention to detail to ensure accurate, useful, quality and complete data, reports and maps
Organization skills to maintain data in a systematic manner
- Excellent customer-focus and active listening skills to develop maps and prepare reports which meet business needs and to deliver products in a timely manner
- Communication skills (written and oral) to explain results to others and to provide technical support
- The company will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
- Utilize multi-limb coordination and flexibility combined with control precision to perform fine motor skills including: finger manipulation, grasping, feeling, arm-hand steadiness, in order to push, pull or lift objects
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Utilizes multi-limb coordination to balance on even surfaces, stoop, kneel, stand, and walk, reach over shoulders or below the knees.
- Must employ the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required by the company’s Environmental, Health, and Safety policies.
- Environmentally controlled with no exposure to extreme changes in the weather, and limited exposure to humidity/moisture relative to atmospheric condition variations.
- No exposure to dust, chemicals, gases, fumes, smoke, excessive noise, and/or vibrations
- Work generally performed in an office environment.
- Travel may be required for assignments, meetings, and training.
- Overtime, Weekend and/or Holiday hours may be required.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.