Nature of Work
Advanced, professional work in the development, deployment, and support of focused desktop and web based applications using the latest Geographic Information System (GIS) technologies and non GIS technologies to support department operations. This position will team with management to be the driving force for creating internal and external business applications for the Property Appraiser’s GIS program. Duties include examining business needs and processes; develop design requirements; produce application code; and maintain the application throughout the full life cycle of the product. This position includes allaspects of system development and support, concentrating on technically complex tasks which include system and business analysis, planning, design, software development, testing, implementation and post implementation support. Must be capable of assuming leadership responsibility for assigned application development.
Minimum Qualifications Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college/university in IT, MIS, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field plus 3 years of experience in web and desktop software development; or
- Associate’s degree plus 5 years of experience in web and desktop software development; or
- An equivalent combination of training, education, and/or experience.
- Florida Driver's License or Florida Commercial Driver’s License and endorsement, if any.
- Assignment to work a variety of work schedules including compulsory work periods in special, emergency, and/or disaster situations.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft development tools or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience with many of the following Windows/Desktop technologies:
- C++/C# (.NET family of languages); COM; Visual Studio; Python; ESRI .NET APIs; WPF; MVC;
- Database skills (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL.
- Demonstrated experience with many of the following Web technologies:
- Bootstrap; CSS3; HTML5; Client-side and Server-side Frameworks; .NET Core; MVC; JQuery.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Object-oriented design (OOD).
- Other highly desirable knowledge, skills, abilities, and credentials relevant to the position.
- Designs, creates, and maintains original custom and customized applications using the latest software tools and technologies based on analysis of business requirements.
- Works with department leaders to design and code windows and browser based applications.
- Works with IT personnel to ensure and enhance data integrity and interoperability between business units and their respective relational databases.
- Creates or modifies customer centric information technology solutions; transforms complex business processes and procedures into programmable computer logic.
- Formulates project plans and schedules, including requirements, tasks, work assignments, resources and critical milestone review points for moderate to large projects.
- Coordinates the work of less experienced information system programmer/analysts engaged in the development and installation of new and revised information system software and related program products.
- Performs problem determination and provides resolution to management and customers.
- Improves processes to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of information systems, procedures, and equipment for large scale multi-agency systems.
- Performs related work as assigned or required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Visual Studio and .NET framework.
- Skilled in application development using Microsoft .NET framework.
- Knowledge with application development using ESRI Web APIs.
- Knowledge with application development using ESRI Runtime SDKs.
- Knowledge with SQL, PL/SQL, and familiarity with the fundamental principles of relational databases.
- Knowledge of ESRI server and desktop software.
- Knowledge of python scripting language.
- Knowledge of cross-platform tools and libraries (Xamarin, Qt).
- Knowledge of operating systems, data base design and management, online transaction monitors, client-server, and web-based application tools.
- Knowledge of the programmatic customization of Microsoft Products including Office 365, Power Bi, SharePoint, and IIS with Oracle or SQL Server relational databases.
- Knowledge of programmatic integration of ESRI products with Microsoft products, including Office 365.
- Ability to evaluate software and tools that will facilitate efficient application development.
- Ability to embrace new technologies and quickly produce professional applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to unit-test own code and review code of other developers while providing insightful recommendations.
- Ability to independently develop software from the ground up and end-to-end.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to accept increasing responsibility and to initiate and implement decisions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public and other employees.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.