The Florida International University Libraries seeks an energetic and service-oriented full-time Research Associate. Located at the Green Library and reporting to the Head of the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Center, this position will have primary responsibility for providing public services in the areas of GIS and Remote Sensing (RS) for FIU students and faculty. This position will also be responsible for GIS related -training, consultation, outreach, as well as acquiring and managing the geo-spatial data. This position provides direct supervision to full-time or part-time OPS employees.
- Provides public services in the areas of GIS and Remote Sensing (RS) including one to one consultation, GIS students accounts, map-making, spatial data analysis and visualization for the FIU community.
- Leads efforts in outreach, exhibits, GIS training workshops and informal education for GIS users including undergraduate, graduate students, researchers and faculty at FIU;
- Leads efforts in administration, maintenance and updates of the GIS Center’s website, including maintains the GIS Center’s social media platform;
- Oversees metadata management for cartographic materials and geo-spatial datasets;
- Monitors the workflows and manages the supporting temporary student employees;
- Participates in the collection development of cartographic materials and spatial datasets by corresponding with library technical services and acquisition departments;
- Participates in grant proposal writing and contract development;
- Participates in GIS RS related research projects and activities at the GIS Center;
- Other work related activities assigned by the Head of GIS-RS Center.
- Must have Master's degree from an accredited institution with demonstrated record of academic research achievement, or professional qualifications in the field of specialization above those which would be equivalent to the highest degree;
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experiences using geo-spatial technology
- Working knowledge of GIS and Remote Sensing software, such as ESRI’s ArcGIS, ENVY, etc.;
- A strong service orientation and team work ethics;
- Supervisory and managerial experiences desired;
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills;
- Excellent verbal written communications skills
Rank/Salary: Non-tenured faculty status; rank and salary are competitive based on qualifications and experience.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.