Responsible for the development, delivery, and operation and maintenance of GIS around the state. GIS will establish a new system formaintaining distribution network mapping data and will provide the foundation for all future geo-spatial asset management information and functionality.
- Implementation of GIS initiatives, including data conversion, software implementation and training, applications, workflow integration, and GIS maintenance. (30%)
- Development and execution of scope of work, budget and schedule for GIS initiatives. Maintenance of cost controls. Driving efficiency into project delivery through the monitoring of metrics (unit costs, target costs vs. actual, etc.) and pursuit of more effective delivery and procurement approaches. (35%)
- Participate in and work with other American Water committees and initiatives aimed at the ultimate integration with GIS, such as computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS), customer information systems, ERP/project management programs, and various databases, with the goal of efficient and effective integration with these systems. (25%)
- Develop and provide reports and presentations to management and initiate other communications, as required. (10%)
- Contribute to effective communication by listening and providing constructive feedback; supporting the creation of an open and honest work environment; cascading and sharing knowledge and information relevant to other members of the team and colleagues across the business. (10%)
- Knowledge / Skills
- Knowledge of how GIS integrates with other utility-based software systems such as computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS), customer service systems, financial systems and project management systems.
- Ability to develop and deliver appropriately focused information in a format that can be easily understood and readily used.
- Ability to structure and conduct fact-finding interviews at various levels within the organization.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues/anomalies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (e.g. fluency, report writing, developing materials and presentations).
- Strong interpersonal skills (e.g. persuasion, negotiation, listening, cooperation, tact, diplomacy, problem solving, internal consulting, etc.).
- Excellent quantitative skills (analytical and technical).
- Strong coaching, mentoring, and developing skills as related to GIS training.
- Functional / Technical Skills
- Learning on the Fly
- Organizational Agility
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
Experience / Education
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or related technical field.
- Minimum 7 years of experience working in a project-delivery based environment.
- Experience with CAD and document management systems would be an advantage.
- Experience in GIS systems configuration and implementation. Ideally, with a utility business background. Candidate must be experienced in the process, data design and layering strategies and the configuration of GIS and relational database systems.
- Experience with various GIS applications with emphasis on water utilities strongly desired.
20% Travel to support business requirements as necessary.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.