Assist in performing moderately complicated computer drafting and related work.
- Develop maps for presentations and in-office use;
- Update information on the GIS system;
- Develop models on a computer system;
- Provide drafting for capital projects;
- Maintain permanent records, files, and drawings;
- Compile and maintain data in a database;
- Provide various customer support;
- Transfer information from hard maps to computer-based maps;
- Perform related duties as directed.
Completion of two years of college involving engineering related coursework with an additional one to three years experience in drafting, mapping, or technical drawing; or any combination of relevant education and experience which provides the following:
- Engineering experience not required
- Horticulture knowledge preferred
- CAD/GIS/Photoshop experience preferred
Knowledge and Abilities
- The fundamental principles of engineering;
- The principles and practices of engineering drafting
- Read and interpret engineering drawings;
- Communicate effectively with others;
- Understand surveyor's notes;
- Prepare engineering drawings and reports.
- Frequently lift and carry up to 10 pounds
- Occasionally lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Frequently walk, stand, bend and kneel during the shift
- Occasionally flex upper trunk forward at the waist and partially at the knees
- Occasionally rotate upper trunk to the left or right while sitting or standing
- Place arms above, at and below shoulder height
- Coordinate eye, hand and foot movement
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.