Under general supervision, plan, execute, implement, and finalize projects according to established guidelines, deadlines and within budget. Defines project objectives, resources and deliverables and oversee quality control requirements to achieve successful implementation.
The following duties are representative for this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Assists in planning, implementing, administering and managing diverse largescale construction projects.
- Assists in the development of the annual reports as well as other long-range comprehensive plans.
- Conducts research and implement strategies to facilitate collaboration within the Division. Supports the planning to assist the overarching project aims and deliverables.
- Manages geodatabases and all spatial analysis for the departments in the Division to improve the effectiveness of transportation and routing projects based on efficient prioritization.
- Coordinates with other departments within the division to meet operational goals as determined by the COO. Ensures on-going monitoring of the project and provides updated on progress of the project to division management.
- Facilitates and manages abroad range of projects from the beginning through problem resolution activities and implementation.
- Assists in the planning of the Local Facility Plan/Capital Improvement Program by evaluating geographical patterns as they relate to future DCSD facilities designs and the demographic studies of the metro statistical area.
- Analyzes management reports as needed and participates in the development of project proposals for implementation.
- Initiates, implements, or by request, recommends solutions to end user problems and develops improved methods to alleviate issues.
- Coordinates all GIS activities into the process of the ERP implementation including facility work orders and warehouse inventory.
- Develops project plans including review of workflow, establishment of controls, execution timeline, and recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Geographic Information Systems, Business Administration or related field required.
- Master’s Degree from an approved accredited college or university preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified required.
Certificates, Licenses, Permits: None
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.