Natural Gas GIS Technologist I supports the operation and maintenance of the company GIS application for the Natural Gas Business Unit by maintaining, reporting, and posting work or by gathering data to be input by others. NG GIS Technologist I is the first level of the classification series, and incumbents at this level are expected to work independently, or as part of a team, under close-to-moderate supervision, and to develop to advance their skills.
Responsibilities & Duties:
· Applies technical expertise in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems in area of expertise.
· Ensures accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective time and work management
· Beginning level of knowledge in understanding and interpreting complex design drawings, property plats, maps, and other related information as necessary to post data in the Company GIS system. Generates and maintains GIS-generated operations maps. Assist with internal and external training. Assist with creation of job aids.
· Conducts GIS and related studies
· Strives to continually improve job-related, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance. Performs work of a higher classification when preparing for advancement.
· Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities. Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills. Maintains accurate records and files.
· Supports the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally.
· Associate Degree in GIS (or related field) OR 4 or more years of prior equivalent work-related experience in lieu of a degree
· Bachelor's Degree in GIS (or related field)
· Understanding of Quality Control / Quality Assurance processes
· Good written and oral communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.