A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration – to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Weather Remote Sensing Systems (WRSS) section within the Imagery Products and Exploitation Department performs environmental sensor performance analysis, on-orbit calibration, data product validation and algorithm development, and systems engineering and architecture studies for our NOAA, NASA, DoD, and other environmental remote sensing customers. Incorporating extensive experience and knowledge spanning the end-to-end process of weather systems requirements and sensor technology development to user-specific data product applications, WRSS provides unique capability to its customers through both system-level and component-level analysis of the weather enterprise.
- Evaluate sensor technology design concepts, particularly for microwave radiometer sensor concepts. Evaluate proposed sensor designs to determine ability to meet end-product generation and data exploitation requirements.
- Develop calibration/validation techniques and tools for space-borne microwave radiometers and other remote sensing systems.
- Perform atmospheric microwave radiative transfer model analysis and development.
- Support sensor requirements development and verification/validation for weather remote sensing systems and other spacebased systems.
- Assist in the development of weather sensor data product code changes for enhanced data product quality, including science testing and evaluation of operational code through validation and verification.
- Perform modeling and simulation, test data generation, algorithm performance trade study, and risk assessment for future sensor concepts.
- Participate in sensor and spacecraft level integration and test and analysis of sensor performance and anomaly investigation.
- Master’s degree or higher in Engineering, Atmospheric Science, Meteorology or related field.
- Ability to conduct longrange technical studies, modeling and simulations, test data generation, algorithm performance trade studies and report findings on new technical advances within area of expertise.
- Strong analytical, software, and data analysis skills.
- Familiarity with requirements development and verification process for spacebased systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work interactively and effectively with Air Force, NASA, NOAA and other government customers and with contractor personnel.
- Ability to engage with and communicate effectively with other technical discipline groups for purposes of requirements development and verification and sensor performance analysis.
- Ability to obtain SSBI clearances.
Prior experience with weather remote sensing systems, passive microwave radiometer hardware, and knowledge of environmental data product applications.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.