Land GIS Spatial Analyst – Oil & Gas
The Land GIS Spatial Analyst position is located in Cheyenne, Wyoming. This position is with an energy land services company and provides GIS support and maintains the Lease and Contract agreement spatial data associated with all departments. The GIS Spatial Analyst works closely with landmen and staff to accurately map and analyze spatial data associated with land and regulatory records across major basin plays.
- GIS proficiency in basic spatial analysis and data management tools.
- Understanding of PLSS descriptions and mapping vocabulary.
- Willingness to learn and self-teach on the job.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – both written and oral.
- Possesses technical knowledge, strong analytical skills, and ability to resolve complex issues with independent action and decision.
- Ability to handle an ebb and flow of heavy workload under pressure.
- Possesses ability to multi-task knowledge and assignments.
- Works to understand detailed workflows for leases/contracts, as they flow through the land department.
- Former experience with energy companies a plus but not a requirement.
- Strong mapping skills utilizing public data.
- ArcGIS 10, Analysis Tools
- Microsoft Office (Mostly Excel)
- Others: TractBuilder or other cadastral mapping software, Adobe Acrobat
- Strong land knowledge and understanding of land grids, PLSS, metes & bounds, and survey data.
- Experience with data management, organization, and basic geodatabases.
- Apply advanced spatial or business GIS concepts and other complex techniques to geographic data analysis; including: Geoprocessing tools, joining tables, and connecting various data sources for detailed spatial analysis.
- Ability to think outside the box and develop efficient solutions to complex problems.
- Identifies and effectively recommends alternative solutions to effectively resolve issues and deliver improvements to processes and systems.
- Assist with special/unique projects that may not require GIS.
- Exhibits ability and willingness to learn and mentor as needed.
- Takes initiative to maintain and increase technical GIS knowledge.
- PTO and sick leave
- Federal Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Simple IRA matching
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.