The Land GIS System Team supports all GIS functions for each of the Chevron North America Exploration and Production Company (CNAEP) Land Business Units. With Land GIS Analysts located in Houston and Midland, Texas, Bakersfield, California, and Coraopolis, Pennsylvania; our team is responsible for providing GIS based technical solutions, information products, data, and services to enable Land personnel to effectively manage Land assets and contract obligations.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Capture and store land spatial data relative to Chevron’s current land grid system and in accordance with GIS data standards.
- Delivering timely and accurate population and maintenance of ArcSDE database.
- Ensure dynamic data access and mapping capability utilizing ESRI ArcGIS product suite
- Provide spatial support, guidance and services to customers for initiatives that require a more expanded or complex use of the land spatial data, including acreage position, legal description discrepancies and validating spatial locations.
- Ensure continuous improvement of software, technology and work processes
- Developed and implement routine reports, data extraction procedures, custom work process to facilitate the maintenance and use of the spatial database.
- Interface with Land and other GIS counterparts throughout the company to complete task in a group environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Geoscience, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related discipline
- Experience and/or working knowledge of ESRI Suite of software, general analyst and dataset tools (Excel, Access, Oracle, Spotfire, SharePoint, Web, etc.)
- Knowledge JAVA Scripts, Python, SQL Scripting
- Knowledge of various land survey methodologies (PLSS, OTLS, Tax Parcel, Official Protraction Diagrams & Offshore Lease Map Diagrams) and land description types (aliquot parts, metes & bounds, tax parcel IDs).
- Excellent communication skills; ability to create and update system documentation, reports, and communicate with the customer on the appropriate user level; able to understand and interpret customer requirements
- Familiarity with ArcGIS server (Map Services & Imager Services), ArcSDE on Oracle environments
- Experience automating with scripting languages, preferably Python
- Demonstrated ability to train others
- Oil and Gas industry experience
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.