Position will support the CALM (Coordination and Logistics Management) team at LAX. The GIS Analyst will be responsible for managing program-level data relating to GIS, CAD, and Scheduling. The duties include managing the CALM Geodatabase and the ESRI-based Sharepoint GIS website incorporating all logistical information for the LAMP (Landside Access Modernization Program).
Essential Job Duties
• Manage all schedule changes and project boundary information for all construction projects in the Central Terminal Area and Landside as it relates to the LAMP (Landside Access Modernization Program).
• Contribute to GIS System Development for expansion of current system to include LAMP-related projects and work with developer to enhance capabilities.
• Conduct GIS data conversion and maintenance.
• Manage all mapping requests for PDG and CALM teams.
• Check for all LAWA standards compliance of contractor submittals.
• Research existing conditions and engineering data retrieval and support.
• Manage all LIRs (LAMP Impact Requests) for CALM Team – processes request, sends reminders and tracks requests in timely manner.
• Complete regular map deliverables: CTA, Airside/Landside, Traffic & Operations, Terminal Gates, Matrix/Maps and Aircraft Parking positions, Laydown Coordination, Integrated Program Lookahead Maps.
• Manage data updates for program-level construction projects.
• Integrate GIS tool with CALM Master Coordination Schedule and construction bulletins.
• Update data for Master Coordination Schedule, CALM Dashboard and Histogram.
• Maintain Logistical Matrix for all future projects.
• Attend Project Approval Team meetings, Airport Operations Roadway and LAMP meetings.
• Prepare Meeting minutes, presentations, and reports for high-level program meetings.
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite software (SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Experience using ESRI’s ArcGIS software products.
• Experience using AutoCAD and converting data from CAD to GIS databases.
• Experience working with Enterprise level geospatial data.
• Background in GIS and Aviation.
• Capable of adapting to various work environments based on the priority of that particular moment.
• Works well under pressure, thinks critically, and adapts well in various working environments.
• Effective oral and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate complex, technical issues to a non-technical audience.
• Works well both independently and in a team environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• May assume other duties as required/needed• May work overtime
• Maybe required to work various shifts as needed
• GISP preferred
• ESRI Certification
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.