Must apply online at https://cityofvancouver.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/COV
Open until filled, first review date is 12/21/2020.
The purpose of this position is to provide a professional level of support to end users and managers for the City’s Enterprise Geographic Information System (GIS). Utilize project management skills, advanced knowledge and understanding of GIS best practices, techniques, systems architecture, third party software, and data analysis to manage complex projects and to develop innovative tools and solutions that integrate ArcGIS with other systems to meet user needs and ultimately increase efficiencies. Coordinate with multiple departments across the organization to help facilitate user needs, identify opportunities for improvement. Develop and administer Esri suite of software. Manage/administer, design, build SDE enterprise GIS databases using SQL Server, and ensure that these databases are properly optimized. This position requires the ability to develop and maintain solutions using ArcGIS .NET API, automation/ETL processes such as Python, FME Workbench, FME Server and other scripting tools.
This is a full-time, regular, exempt position. The schedule for this position is M-F, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Perform database queries; design, create and maintain geodatabases, including security and performance tuning, data/database integration with other systems and troubleshooting issues.
- Work with all city departments to develop business needs, develop workflows, build solutions and documentation to meet those departmental needs; including development and configuration of web solutions using ArcGIS Enterprise.
- Develop and maintain ETL/automation processes using tools such as FME Workbench, FME Server, Python to mine data, update layers, create layers, and update datasets to/from various systems and develop GIS layers to be used within desktop and web applications.
- Coordinate with GIS Manager and other GIS users to develop and maintain a metadata management system.
- Assist GIS Manager in the administration of ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Online.
- Integrate commercial software applications such as permitting, work and asset management, document management systems with GIS.
- Design and develop intuitive, consistent and extensible GIS solutions.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience and Education
- Five (5) years of related experience with Esri’s ArcGIS suite of software including ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Portal/ArcGIS for Server/ArcGIS Pro as well as experience administering SDE geodatabases with SQL Server in Public Sector or enterprise GIS environment is highly preferred.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in computer science, geography or related field. Alternatively, an Associate’s Degree with 6 or more years of related experience will be considered.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Advanced knowledge of Esri’s ArcGIS suite of products including ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Portal/ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Desktop (ArcGIS Pro/ArcMap 10.x or greater), including Esri ArcGIS extensions such as Spatial Analyst and Network Analyst.
- SQL Server Management Studio
- Intermediate: Microsoft Word
- Intermediate: Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate: Microsoft Outlook
- Intermediate: Microsoft PowerPoint
Required Licenses and/or Certifications
- Possession of: Valid driver’s license
- GIS / ESRI Certification preferred.
- SQL Server MCSA Certification highly preferred.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.