Team Flagstaff is seeking a highly customer service driven individual with an attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple processes within a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate for this position has experience with the following programs: Arc Server, ArcGIS Online, Enterprise SDE and Microsoft SQL Server. Minimum two years of supervisory experience is required as this individual will directly oversee a team that include IT GIS Analysts. Management skills will include strong soft skills when working with individuals both on internal and external teams. The position will work with many internal customers throughout the City, building relationship and help forecast long term project needs. Manage project and task intake, task assignment, workload balance and user expectation of project delivery times. Local Government experience is a plus but is not required.
Actively supports and upholds the City’s stated mission and values. Under direction of the IT Director or designee, employees of this class are expected to perform responsible program management duties associated with the day-to-day operations of an assigned area of the IT Division.
An IT Administrator is differentiated from the Analyst level position by the fact that staff in this position work on tasks of greater complexity, work independently with minimal supervision, and exhibit responsibility and leadership with resources and clients.
- Supervisory: This job has partial responsibility for supervision at the Program level including direct supervision of the GIS Analysts, IT GIS Technician, and part-time Intern in the Applications/GIS Program (assists with and/or makes recommendations for hiring, directing, scheduling, transferring, promoting, rewarding, disciplining, and terminating other employees).
- Budgetary: This job has partial responsibility for budgeting at the Program level including assisting with formulating and monitoring the budget.
- This job has partial responsibility for strategic planning at the Program level (assists with developing, implementing, and managing long and short-term goals).
- Policies/Procedures: This job carries out day-to-day activities in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Compliance: This job carries out day-to-day activities in accordance with Federal, State, and Local laws, rules, and regulations as well as City policies and procedures.
- Council Communications: This job carries out day-to-day activities in accordance with Council’s adopted priorities and direction.
- Reporting: This job does not have duties related to reporting to Federal/State/Local agencies.
EXAMPLES OF THE WORK PERFORMED (ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY)
- Provides excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Works to grow and maintain team project and task organization. This may involve project and task organization software.
- Delegates projects and tasks to team members.
- Maintains confidentiality and security with regard to data access.
- Keeps pace with IT technology trends through training, periodicals and experimentation in a test environment.
- Maintains compliance with project management methodology and process.
- Works directly with clients, vendors and external agencies on complex issues providing quality customer service.
- Assists with long and short-term goals for assigned section.
- Acts as the project manager as required on larger projects.
- Assists with technical documentation of GIS procedures and metadata of GIS datasets.
- Creates maps, paper atlases and digital atlases.
- Captures and updates GIS data by heads-up-digitizing, GPS units, and other means.
- Performs QA/QC of GIS data including review for accuracy and completeness.
- Undertakes discipline specific GIS user needs studies.
- Designs, develops, documents and implements discipline specific task, projects and applications.
- Develops and maintain standards and procedures.
- Coordinates acquisition of new spatial data, aerial photography and other data sharing agreements, etc.
- Assists in manipulating GIS data to create informational reports to meet discipline specific needs.
- Performs GIS spatial analyses.
- Assists in the maintenance of enterprise GIS data and applications.
- Converts and integrates a variety of internal and external data sources into the GIS.
- Independently performs complex GIS spatial analyses and prepares reports based on findings.
- Provides GIS end users with training and technical support.
- Assists with the administration and maintenance of the enterprise GIS databases.
- Designs, programs, documents, tests, and implements creative solutions to complex issues in order to enhance discipline specific solutions within the organization.
- Consults with and fosters relationships with end users, management, vendors, agencies and other GIS staff to determine needs and feasibility of projects.
- Provides input to the development of long and short-term goals for the GIS section.
- Develops training opportunities and provides technical support to end users in a classroom or individually on specific GIS applications.
- Administers and maintains enterprise GIS databases and hardware, and troubleshoots complex problems when they occur.
- Experience building and maintaining ArcGIS online environments
- Other duties as assigned.
- Four-year degree in Computer Science.
- Five years of related on-the-job experience.
- Two years of supervisory experience.
- Or any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to the above Minimum Requirements.
- Must possess, or obtain upon employment, a valid Arizona driver’s license.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this job to ensure continuity.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY)
- Working knowledge of PC hardware, software and peripherals.
- Experience working in a Microsoft Windows and Office environment.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be a productive and effective team player.
- Ability to work under pressure and successfully complete time-sensitive tasks.
- Strong organizational skills, self-motivated and able to prioritize tasks. entails
- Strong aptitude for attention to detail and accuracy.
- Working knowledge of project management and project management methodology.
- Working knowledge of GIS theory, methodology, and techniques.
- Working knowledge of relational database design principals and SDE database administration
- Working knowledge of applicable programming and/or scripting language.
- Extensive experience with ESRI software, SDE database administration and ArcGIS Online.
- Extensive experience interrelating GIS information with other application databases.
- Extensive experience programming, testing and implementing custom GIS applications.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger/handle/feel, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Vision requirements for this position include close vision and color vision.
- There are no special working conditions for this position.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Range 115, C-5-1, FLSA exempt
Thank you for your interest in the IT Administrator GIS position. Please review all details at our web site.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.