Utilizing its global network of professional linguists, MLS can assist in meeting a variety of communications objectives through use of both new and traditional media. Our services include:
• Professional placement of linguistic personnel;
• Multilingual transcription and reporting;
• Customized foreign language and cultural instruction;
• Document translation in over 100 languages;
• Interpretation for business meetings, onsite consulting, legal proceedings and conference;
• Multilingual desktop publishing;
• Telephone interpretation;
• Multilingual voiceovers and subtitling;
• Development of software and Web-based training products in clients language of choice; and
• Web site localization.
To complement our linguistic resources, MLS provides audiovisual, graphic design, technical programming and desktop publishing services in manifold languages to create a wide array of materials using the most advanced production tools. Such end-to-end translation and design solutions are carefully customized to match all client specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Utilize GIS tools to assess, integrate, manipulate, exploit, extract, and analyze digital imagery, geospatial databases, and various sources.
- Use remote sensing, spatial analysis, and GIS tools along with skills to construct geospatial intelligence databases, including data conflation, data conversion, digitizing, feature attribution, editing of GIS layers.
- Perform quality reviews to ensure geospatial and content accuracy.
- Generate required reports.
- Capture transportation and topographic layers from imagery and other sources.
- Perform finishing activities and quality control utilizing GIS tools
HS/GED is required. A Bachelor's degree in a related field may count for up to four (4) years of experience and a Master's degree may count for an additional two (2) years of experience
Required Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of GEOINT experience
- Proficiency with digital cartography, image processing, computer technology, geographical information systems (GIS), geospatial production techniques, remote sensing, and photogrammetry
- Proficiency with ArcGIS, ArcSDE, ArcView, ArciMS, ArcTools, the Integrated Exploitation Capability (IEC) system, SocetSet, TerraExplorer/Builder, RemoteView, ERDAS IMAGINE, MRSID, VB/VB A (or other object oriented programming/scripting language), Oracle and other appropriate software to analyze geospatial data
- Proficiency in using MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and Familiarity with electronic publishing and structured authoring software (SGML, HTML, or XML languages)
- Familiarity with the following data formats: (e.g., DTED, VPF, CIB, ADRG); imagery and geospatial products, data attribution techniques
- Comfort in working with advanced hardware and software technology and databases
- Demonstrated knowledge of commercial imagery, products, processes and sensors
- Proficiency with the following applications: Web publishing, and Web hosting technologies, along with Geospatial Database generation/maintenance applications
- Proficiency with ArcGIS 9.x and its component extensions, along with the ability to create tailored scripts
- Working knowledge of ArciMS and HTML editing
- Strong data mining and management skills
- Demonstred ability to harness all geospatial tools and techniques with available data to provide relevant and insightful intelligence
- Expertise in photogrammetry, remote sensing, image processing, or regional expertise is also desirable
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
Must currently possess or have the ability to obtain a government security clearance.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.