Founded in 1994, SAM, LLC has become one of the largest geospatial services companies in North America and is an undisputed leader in providing geospatial solutions to a wide variety of industries. SAM is a technology leader that offers professional land surveying services, digital aerial mapping, terrestrial, mobile, and airborne LiDAR, hydrographic surveying, subsurface utility engineering (SUE), utility coordination, geographic information systems (GIS), and construction phase services. As part of the SAM Family of Companies, SAM's partner companies include SAM-Construction Services, LLC (SAM-CS) and SO-DEEP | SAM NC, Inc. SAM is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development, and growth opportunities for employees across a wide range of positions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Daily processing of geospatial data, including evaluating accuracy and sufficiency, and ensuring compliance to applicable project and industry standards related to aerial mapping products
- Classification of LiDAR point clouds
- Compilation of mapping features from LiDAR point clouds
- Compilation of mapping features from stereo imagery
- Quality Control
- Other duties as assigned
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
Required Experience - Education and Skills
- Entry-level Geospatial techician with image processing/orthophoto background
- Experience with photoshop desirable
- 3-5 years progressive experience in CAD
- 3-5 years progressive experience with spreadsheets or GIS tools
- 3-5 years experience with ortho rectification
- 3-5 years progressive experience with LiDAR classification
- 3-5 years experience with compilation from LiDAR or stereo imagery
- Excellent computer and technical skills, including Auto CAD and/or MicroStation and MS Office Suite
- Electric Transmission experience preferred
- Proficient in technical math, including Geometry and Trigonometry
- Strong listening, writing and verbal communication skills
- Proven work history, strong work ethic and team-player attitude
- A strong mission, vision and values culture is what drives SAM Family of Companies’ success.
- Our Core Values: Integrity & Ethics, People, Excellence in Service, Safety and Community defines who we are.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.