Assist the institute with project planning, development, management, and implementation of research and education projects.
- Provide remote sensing and photogrammetric analysis using optical, radar, LiDAR, and other data sources.
- Assist in planning and conduct of remote sensing data collection and data handling to ensure successful acquisition and efficient processing/storage.
- Assist in planning and conduct of geospatial team projects.
- Acquire, analyze, and store remote sensing and geospatial data. Converts data between multiple storage formats. Creates and maintains geospatial databases using ESRI and open source software.
- Creates maps and other figures for presentations, project requirements, and other institutional needs.
- Maintains and provides expertise on remote sensing and GIS software. Provides user support and training. Reviews internal maps, data products, and applications.
- Utilizes and curates geospatial and remote sensing data using ArcGIS for Server and Portal for ArcGIS
- Prepares and publishes web and mobile mapping applications
- Synthesize project reports, document routine geospatial workflows as needed, assist in research reporting.
- Supports emergency response needs.
- Assist in planning and conduct of professional development training.
Education and Experience:
-Bachelor’s degree in Spatial Sciences, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Knowledge of basic GIS concepts and processes including managing, editing, analyzing, geoprocessing, and visualizing data.
- Knowledge of remote sensing, programming, and relational database concepts.
-Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.