The Geospatial Engineer will maintain and enhance a web based application and various tools for the customer’s mission. Using GIS/software development best practices and appropriate COTS or open-source development tools, the geospatial engineer will work with a highly-motivated team to sustain and advance a complex spatially-enabled interactive website. The geospatial engineer will be expected to continuously assess new relevant technologies for the customer’s mission and incorporate these technologies as appropriate.
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
1. Manages, enhances, and supports the customer’s complex geospatial platform.
2. Collaborates with other architecture teams to develop future enhancements and solutions.
3. Accelerates innovation by evaluating and rolling out new fit-for-purpose technologies.
4. Leverages version control (Git/BitBucket) and build servers (Jenkins) for Continuous Delivery.
5. Manages projects through the full development lifecycle.
6. Analyzes data patterns and implements software modifications to improve accuracy issues.
7. Fine tunes performance of existing data and conflation flows to increase efficiency and overall quality.
8. Analyzes the Department’s global Geocoding and GIS data processing needs.
9. Generates global data visualization for analysis and presentations.
10. Determines GIS operating characteristics and requirements for global use.
11. Assesses GIS/Geocoding system designs through review and analysis of user needs.
12. Monitors the geocoding/GIS software to ensure proper functionality, and troubleshoot data problems.
13. Provides technical assistance in planning, engineering, and architecture of systems.
14. Installs, maintains, and updates GIS system software, reference data, and modifying system configurations.
15. Generates reports and statistics to meet customer and program requirements.
16. Ensures Data Quality of output from GIS systems.
17. Works with analyst to develop conceptual approaches & project designs to create solutions
18. Designs, develops, codes, tests, and debugs complex new software products, or makes significant enhancements to existing software.
19. Researches and integrates design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities.
20. Resolves complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
21. Conducts investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
22. Researches emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution.
23. Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
24. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
25. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.