BAE Systems has an immediate need for a Geospatial Analyst to support counterterrorism efforts. The selected candidate will provide full spectrum GEOINT analysis.
Read and understand intelligence issues, military affairs and use GIS to develop intelligence reports and products to solve key intelligence questions. Responsibilities include extracting and/or acquiring geospatial information, derivative information and multi-INT data for analysis, visualization and modeling. The select candidate will illuminate key locations and personalities within terrorist networks utilizing Big Data mining and aggregation. The geospatial analyst will synthesize accurate and timely Spatial-Temporal Multi-INT assessments based on the data mined leveraging geospatial analytic and production tools. This position requires strong collaboration skills with analyst, mission partners and customers. Intelligence reports, graphics and briefing will be used to communicate the analysis rendered.
Required Skills and Education
3-10 Years of Geospatial Analysis experience.
Candidate must possess in depth understanding of and experience using the following:
- ESRI ArcGIS.
- Imagery Exploitation Software (SOCET GXP, RemoteView) and working knowledge of Cedalion.
- Regular expression usage, temporal expressions, and geospatial representations (datum, projections, and coordinate systems).
- Network analysis, data management, versioned editing.
- General all-source intelligence analysis to include permutations and conversion of geo-database files, shape files, Google Earth KML/KMZ, and CSV files.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Degree in GIS related field.
- Python (arcpy), VBA program languages and scripting.
- Understanding of Activity Based Intelligence.
- Experience using ESRI products developing applications in ArcGIS using ArcObjects or MapObjects; modeling with ArcSDE; GIS Server or ArcIMS site development, implementations and maintenance.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.