Final Closing Date: September 4, 2018
Bargaining Unit: Local 856 – General Services & Maintenance Unit
Contra Costa County is recruiting experienced IT professionals interested in a career opportunity as a Geographic Information Systems Technician in the Department of Information Technology located in Martinez, CA.
As a Geographic Information Systems Technician, you will be responsible for creating, revising, manipulating and maintain spatial database records used with the County's Geographic Information System. You will work in a team environment and assist the business users and IT staff with their GIS system needs and implement comprehensive geographic and land information systems.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record demonstrating the following:
Characteristics of the ideal candidate:
To read the complete job description, please visit the website, www.cccounty.us/hr.
The eligible list established from this recruitment will remain in effect for twelve (12) months.
TENTATIVE EXAM DATES
Tentative Oral Exam: September 27, 2018
Education: Completion of 60 semester or 90 quarter units from an accredited college or university which included at least 12 semester or 18 quarter units in computer-aided drafting, geographic studies, computer science and related technical subjects or closely related field.
Experience: One (1) year of full-time, or its equivalent, experience performing duties directly related to the GIS systems maintenance, technical support, troubleshooting, implementation, administration; automated map drafting, or GIS database maintenance and administration.
Substitution for education: Additional experience as outlined above may be substituted for the education on a year-for-year basis.
License Required: Possession of a valid California Motor Vehicle Operator's License. Out-of-state valid motor vehicle operator's license will be accepted during the application process.
All applicants are required to submit a copy of a college or university transcript at the time of application demonstrating completion of the required units specified above. Applicants who have attended a foreign or non-U.S. accredited university or college must provide verification of education evaluation completed by an educational evaluation service affiliated with the National Association of Credentials Evaluation Services (NACES).
1. Application Filing: All applicants must apply on-line at www.cccounty.us/hr and submit the information as indicated on the job announcement by the final filing date.
2. Application Evaluation: Depending on the number of applications received, an Application Evaluation Board may be convened to evaluate and select the best-qualified candidates for invitation to the next phase of the examination.
3. Oral Interview: Conducted by a Qualifications Appraisal Board who will evaluate candidates in job-related areas. (Weighted 60%)
4. Technical Skills Evaluation: Attention to detail, computer skills, ability to follow instructions, ability to create maps using GIS Systems and write reports.
5. Candidates must receive a score of at least 70, which may be an adjusted score, in order to be ranked on the employment list.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.