This position performs technical duties related to the city’s geographic information system (GIS) functions.
- Performs technical duties related to the creation, maintenance, and updating of GIS systems for city utilities.
- Designs and prepares maps for city and public use.
- Responds to inquiries from city departments, the general public, or other interested parties regarding mapping and GIS issues.
- Performs related duties.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge Required By The Position -
- Knowledge of GIS-related hardware and software, including ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Pro and the Microsoft suite or products.
- Knowledge of mapping principles and practices.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Knowledge of spatial analysis techniques utilizing topological, geometric, or geographic properties.
- Skill in problem solving.
- Skill in prioritizing and planning.
- Skill in interpersonal relations.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table. The employee occasionally lifts heavy objects.
- work is typically performed in an office and outdoors, occasionally in cold or inclement weather.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.