V-Tech Solutions, Inc. is seeking a energetic and qualified geographic information system analyst/programmer.
- Analyzes, designs, develops, implements and supports enterprise complex projects
- Interfaces with other offices, consult with and inform user departments on system requirements, resolve problems and operating difficulties for the current and future enhancements to District’s system
- Participates in problem resolution related to system design and implementation review
- Recommends approval of functional and technical design documents and implementation of systems, program enhancements and updates of applications
- Analyzes and evaluates system changes to determine feasibility, alternative solutions and back-up procedures
- Works on the development of new systems, upgrades and enhancements to existing systems and ensure systems are in compliance with approved standards
- Develops complex programs and reports in database query language
- Experience with SQL Server and Transact-SQL.
- Experience with geographic information systems (GIS) technologies.
- Experience with cloud architectures on Amazon AWS and/or Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with agile software development methodologies and processes.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize multiple competing demands.
- Working knowledge of relational database best practices and concepts, such as Business Analysis, Data Analysis, Data Modeling, Data Quality Management (DQM), Data Cleansing, Data Architecture, DDL, Data Dictionaries, Data Marts, Data Mining, Data Warehouse / Warehousing, Value Chain, Data Sampling, and Referential Integrity.
- Ability to proactively identify and resolve issues that impact the overall implementation effort.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
- Experience in a global organization
Education/Certification Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.