Who we are
Our vision is to build a world of sustainable communities. We are the preferred utility delivering co-created solutions our customers want. Corix has been building, operating, and maintaining water, wastewater, electric, gas and sustainable energy utility infrastructure for many years. Our Purpose help people enjoy a better life and communities thrive. At Corix our values are safety, integrity, excellence, and connection.
The Corix team has an opportunity for a GIS Analyst based in Chicago, IL-Hybrid. Responsible for GIS database management, map creation, spatial analysis, and supporting the development, implementation, and maintenance of the asset management plan and capital plan.
What you'll do
- Develop, collect, maintain, organize, and distribute accurate data to support the planning, design, construction, operation, maintenance, and evaluation of water and wastewater systems, utilizing the Operations Management System (OMS).
- Support Operations Management in the development of asset management planning and capital planning.
- Evaluate, develop, implement, and revise GIS-related policies and procedures to achieve the goals and objectives of the business unit.
- Support Operations and collaborates with the Business Unit, in the development, implementation, and revision of asset maintenance-related policies and procedures.
- Compile, evaluate, and maintain GPS data.
- Maintain and update GIS-related databases and system mapping through collaboration with Operations Management and Operations Staff.
- Create maps for both business unit and external stakeholders.
- Review and analyze GIS data and maps for accuracy and completeness.
- Ensures all work conforms to local, state, and federal governmental requirements or recommendations.
- Performs relevant and appropriate in-house GIS-related training and technical assistance for the business unit.
- Provides daily user support including routine troubleshooting and system and data maintenance for asset data analysis, working closely with Information Technology to evaluate responsibility for addressing specific requests.
- Assists with the establishment and maintenance of user profiles within the OMS.
- Provides input to the business unit on system needs, the performance of asset data software and hardware, and improvements to the asset data analysis system.
- Assists in creating monthly and annual reports.
- Contacts vendors to resolve technical problems, as necessary.
- Writes and maintains technical documentation to support new and existing GIS applications, including maintenance procedures and standards.
- Maintains inventory of GIS system hardware and software.
- Performs quality control / quality assurance (QA/QC) checks of asset data to ensure the accuracy of all data within the system.
- Maintains professional networks and attends training sessions and conferences, as necessary, to advance skills and keep abreast of issues and practices in all areas of responsibility.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, including regulators and consultants.
- Recommend opportunities to improve the operational and financial performance of the business unit.
- Manages all GIS-related contracts and agreements for the business unit.
- Ensures all work complies with all relevant and appropriate federal, state, and local legal and other obligations.
What you bring
Required: 2-4 years of experience with ArcGIS and OMS
Bachelor's Degree in GIS Analysis, Geography, Civil / Environmental Engineering, Computer Science, Environmental Science, or related field or experience.
Nice to Have
- Master's Degree in Data Analytics, Data Science, or GIS Analysis
- GISP (Certified GIS Professional)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- ESRI's ArcGIS (version 10.4 or higher) suite of software (e.g., ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro,
- ArcGIS Online). Experience with Lucity Operation Management or a similar platform. AutoCAD. MS Office.
- Preferred: Knowledge of relational database management systems (RDMS) (e.g., Oracle DBMS), Microsoft SQL Server, web-enabling technologies,
- Possess strong character and the highest level of integrity. Must demonstrate the values of humility, transparency, and resiliency.
- Results-focused, detail-oriented, customer-centric, and self-motivated individual.
- Top-tier presentation skills. Excellent interpersonal skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to calculate basic mathematical equations.
- Ability to complete work that will ensure the approval of all capital projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to keep accurate records and prepare and submit accurate reports.
- General knowledge of the principles, theories and methods of database concepts, structures, and programming logic; and the various types, classes, uses, and interrelationships of assets within a typical water and wastewater utility.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships across several internal work groups.
- Analyze complex problems, evaluate alternatives, and make sound independent decisions within established guidelines.
- Organize, plan, and complete projects efficiently.
- A strong commitment to workplace safety.
- Normal office setting/ work from home
- 20-30% travel may be required, at times.
Life at Corix
Paid Time Off and Holidays: We offer 18 days of PTO and 11 paid holidays,
Health Benefits: The first day of the month after your start, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, health savings and flexible spending accounts and more.
401(k) Program: Employer contribution. Employer contribution made to the 401(k) plan are vested at 100% and start 30 days after your start.
Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include parental leave, Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, and more
Professional Development: Certifications/ Licenses reimbursement and more.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.