Performs work as a Geographic Information System Analyst in the JT4 Operations and Maintenance Department seated at Nellis Air Force Base, supporting the Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR). Provides support in mapping, data manipulation and spatial analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development and implementation of GIS applications to support NTTR operations
- Integrate and perform analyses on spatial and tabular data from a variety of sources and other applications
- Develop, design and edit custom databases to meet project parameters and/or customer needs
- Produce standardized and custom maps for briefings and documents
- Use GIS specific and other related software and hardware in conjunction with database management to conduct analyses including but not limited to range research, environmental impact analysis, target modeling, threat management, visibility management, facilities expansion, and/or land use requirements
- Monitor and evaluate all resulting work products for quality assurance
- Create database queries and develop reports utilizing a variety of data sources
- Maintain GIS and Oracle databases by performing quality control, designing and implementing metadata, updating products, and ensuring data accuracy
- Act as technical resource in assisting GIS customers with technical issues
- May serve as GIS liaison with departments across the NTTR and provides information on GIS capabilities and procedures.
Other Related Duties.
Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in GIS, geography, civil engineering, computer science or a related field
- Three years of increasingly responsible experience in geographic information systems and cartography
- Proficiency with ESRI ArcGIS products (ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcToolbox)
- Experience with Oracle database management and SQL
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of software
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this job
- GISP or ESRI Desktop Associate Certification
- Ability to create and design data models for GIS platforms
- Proficiency with ESRI ArcGIS Pro
- Proficient in GIS concepts and analytical techniques including data manipulation and analysis
- Skilled in principles of cartography including coordinate systems, elevation, topography, and map scales
- Adept in the principles of GIS database design and database administration
- Ability to read and interpret complex data, information and documents
- Analyze problems and alternatives and develop sound conclusions and recommendations
- Ability to give presentations and explain geospatial tools and data requirements to internal and external audiences
- Demonstrate strict attention to detail, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, meet deadlines, and adapt to changing requests as tasks evolve
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision within a team setting
- Ability to troubleshoot a wide variety of technical issues
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those encountered in the course of work
- Maintain confidential and sensitive information
Work Environment, Physical and Mental Demands:
- Typical office environment with no unusual hazards
- Work environment requires sitting for long periods of time, standing and walking
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Ability to operate office equipment such as a multi-function equipment and related tools as required.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.