The Idaho Department of Lands (IDL) has an opening for a Geographic Information System (GIS) Analyst III located in Coeur d'Alene or Boise.
Example of Duties
- Serves as primary point of contact for GIS support and for GIS users in the supervisory offices.
- Supervises GIS staff and coordinates task and project assignments.
- Serves as senior technical advisor regarding application and implementation of GIS and digital cartography methodologies.
- Trains users in GIS software, spatial analysis and related technologies.
- Plans, designs, conducts, and oversees major geographic information system (GIS) development and projects for Bureaus within the Agency.
Considerable knowledge of:
- GIS including analysis, data capture and data conversion
- Cartographic principles
Good knowledge of:
- GIS programming languages commonly used in the development of GIS programs
- Database management
- Web APIs
- Planning, designing and implementing GIS projects and preparing reports of findings
Operating, applying, and programming GIS software products in a work environment
- Experience designing, populating or editing ESRI ArcGIS geodatabases.
- Experience using ESRI ArcSDE to store and maintain spatial data.
- Experience applying GIS in environmental or natural resource planning and analysis.
- Good knowledge of: computer programming languages such as Python, JS, C, AML, or object-oriented languages; relational database management.
- Experience you may have in teaching/training adults in group settings and one-on-one.
- Experience in creating spatial Internet applications.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Hiring is done without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements, please contact the Division of Human Resources at (208) 334-2263.
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.