Utilities Inc. of Louisiana is hiring a GIS Analyst in Covington, LA. Below is a brief job description of the position. We offer competitive benefits package and salary. Please apply at the link below:
Responsible for GIS database management, map creation, spatial analysis, and supporting the development, implementation, and maintenance of the asset management plan and capital plan.
- Develops, collects, maintains, organizes, and distributes accurate data to support the planning, design, construction, operation, maintenance, and evaluation of water and wastewater systems, utilizing the Operations Management System (OMS).
- Supports Operations Management in the development of asset management planning and capital planning.
- Evaluates, develops, implements, and revises GIS-related policies and procedures to achieve the goals and objectives of the business unit.
- Supports Operations and collaborates with the Business Unit, in the development, implementation, and revision of asset maintenance-related policies and procedures.
- Compiles, evaluates, and maintains GPS data.
- Maintains and updates GIS-related databases and system mapping through collaboration with Operations Management and Operations Staff.
- Creates maps for both business unit and external stakeholders.
- Reviews and analyzes GIS data and maps for accuracy and completeness.
- Ensures all work conforms to local, state, and federal governmental requirements or recommendations.
- Performs relevant and appropriate in-house GIS-related training and technical assistance for the business unit.
- Provides daily user support including routine troubleshooting and system and data maintenance for asset data analysis, working closely with Information Technology to evaluate responsibility for addressing specific requests.
- Assists with the establishment and maintenance of user profiles within the OMS.
- Provides input to the business unit on system needs, the performance of asset data software and hardware, and improvements to the asset data analysis system.
- Assists in creating monthly and annual reports.
- Contacts vendors to resolve technical problems, as necessary.
- Writes and maintains technical documentation to support new and existing GIS applications, including maintenance procedures and standards.
- Maintains inventory of GIS system hardware and software.
- Performs quality control / quality assurance (QA/QC) checks of asset data to ensure the accuracy of all data within the system.
- Maintains professional networks and attends training sessions and conferences, as necessary, to advance skills and keep abreast of issues and practices in all areas of responsibility.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, including regulators and consultants.
- Recommend opportunities to improve the operational and financial performance of the business unit.
- Manages all GIS-related contracts and agreements for the business unit.
- Ensures all work complies with all relevant and appropriate federal, state, and local legal and other obligations.
Required: ESRI's ArcGIS (version 10.4 or higher) suite of software (e.g., ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online). Experience with Lucity Operation Management or a similar platform. AutoCAD. MS Office.
Preferred: Knowledge of relational database management systems (RDMS) (e.g., Oracle DBMS), Microsoft SQL Server, web-enabling technologies,
- Possess strong character and the highest level of integrity. Must demonstrate the values of humility, transparency, and resiliency.
- Results-focused, detail-oriented, customer-centric, and self-motivated individual.
- Top-tier presentation skills. Excellent interpersonal skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to calculate basic mathematical equations.
- Ability to complete work that will ensure the approval of all capital projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to keep accurate records and prepare and submit accurate reports.
- General knowledge of the principles, theories and methods of database concepts, structures, and programming logic; and the various types, classes, uses, and interrelationships of assets within a typical water and wastewater utility.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships across several internal work groups.
- Analyze complex problems, evaluate alternatives, and make sound independent decisions within established guidelines.
- Organize, plan, and complete projects efficiently.
- A strong commitment to workplace safety.
Required: Bachelor's Degree in GIS Analysis, Geography, Civil / Environmental Engineering, Computer Science, Environmental Science, or related field or experience.
Preferred: Master's Degree in Data Analytics, Data Science, or GIS Analysis
Preferred: GISP (Certified GIS Professional)
Required: 2-4 years of experience with ArcGIS and OMS
Light to moderate physical demands, requires normal hearing and vision.
Smartphone, desktop/laptop computer, fax/scan machine, and other general office equipment. Operates a company-issued motor vehicle. May use a total station, e.g., Trible-type unit for field data acquisition and verification.
20-30% travel may be required, at times.
This document describes typical duties and responsibilities and is not intended to limit management from assigning other work as desired.
Management maintains the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.