This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.
GS-11: Salary ranges from $74,574 - $96,941
GS-12: Salary ranges from $89,383 - $116,202
- You will develop and maintain both standardized and specialized GIS and cartographic products for a Public Works Department at high-tempo Navy installation.
- You will manage the GIS environment by performing daily editing tasks within a versioned database and manage installation content within the Navy enterprise.
- You will monitor and provide reports for Return on Investment and quality assurance/quality control procedures for GIS maintenance and Installation mission support.
- You will become proficient in all spatial Information Systems (IS) to provide safety siting and planning support.
- You will prepare GIS technical and procedural documentation and briefs to Installation and Public Works Department leadership.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-
- Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Per the preliminary nationwide injunction on E.O. 14043, COVID-19 vaccinations will not be implemented or enforced. For more information on vaccine status and workplace safety protocol requirements see Additional Information below.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position is covered under the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA).
- Certification in the Acquisition Functional Area and category assigned to the position is required within established category timeframes.
- You will be required to complete training, obtain, and maintain a government credit card for travel and travel-related purchases.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- You will be required to wear personal protective equipment such as helmets, gloves, coveralls, glasses, goggles, respirators and safety shoes continuously for the duration of the work shift.
- You will be required to complete ethics orientation within three months of appointment and submit a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, OGE-450, within 30 days of appointment.
GS-12: Your resume must also demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-11 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: 1) Advising and providing technical guidance to the Geo Readiness Center (GRC) to support programs and Geographical Information Systems (GIS) products; 2) Maintaining a Geographical Information Systems (GIS) database in support of region customers; 3) Developing program policy and guidance procedures to govern initiatives and policies for assigned programs; and 4) Coordinating project activities in the area of Geographical Information System (GIS ) technology to support work efforts.
GS-11: Your resume must also demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-09 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: 1) Providing guidance to the Geo Readiness Center (GRC) to support programs and Geographical Information Systems (GIS) products; 2) Assisting in maintaining a Geographical Information Systems (GIS) database in support of region customers; and 3) Assisting in coordinating project activities in the area of Geographical Information System (GIS ) technology to support work efforts.
For the GS-11 grade level: You may also qualify based upon the education or the combination of education stated in the Education Section of this announcement.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.