Create processes to maintain GIS data, develop methods of analysis, and perform complex analyses of GIS datasets. Analyze business needs to develop and implement GIS technology solutions across multiple departments. Apply the theories and principles of GIS to manipulate software to produce systems output and work independently on GIS assignments for product and process improvement and ad-hoc data requests in support of regulatory compliance.
- Acquires, maintains, and performs complex spatial analysis on data by using GIS technologies to run queries, create models and provide analysis as requested in support of regulatory compliance and ad-hoc data requests.
- Uses GIS and other related software and hardware in conjunction with relational database management systems that supports and contributes to the analysis of spatial data.
- Participates in the development and implementation of custom GIS applications to ensure query capabilities and data manipulation access to the Gas GIS database in suppport of
- Operations, Maintenance, Emergencies, and CPUC Code compliance activities.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in at least one of the following fields as it relates to regulatory requirements: gas storage, transmission, distribution, regulator stations, and related gas facility GIS database work.
- Liaison with other Departments: Identifies and provides GIS solutions to meet business requirements.
- Independently manages several concurrent projects, assignments and activities.
- Must be performing the duties of Gas GIS Specialist successfully and demonstrate an understanding of and high proficiency in the compenticies and skills for that position. Must have maintained a high level of accuracy in all work performed demonstrating a mastery of duties performed.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Computer Science or related field or a bachelor’s degree in any field with successful completion of a GIS certificate program.
- Must have experience in GIS data management specific to gas pipeline systems and/or pipeline operators including a minimum of four years experience in the application of GIS solutions in utility applications and knowledge of SoCalGas work practices and/or gas construction standards specifically related to gas distribution and transmission data.
- Must possess a working understanding of advanced GIS concepts and processes related to network modeling and/or linear referencing including scripting, model building, change detection, and advanced spatial analysis utilizing multiple datasets.
- Requires knowledge of internal business practices, GIS/GPS technologies, and specialized GIS data and system applications and the ability to apply these to an enterprise GIS.
- Experience with SQL, Python or related programming languages utilized in GIS is preferred.
- Must possess and demonstrate a thourough understanding of the application of CPUC/DOT/GO requirements and other industry standards and practices as they apply to geospatial information content and current business practices within the utility industry.
- Must be able to clearly and concisely communicate, both orally and written, technical and non-technical information to all levels of management in both formal and informal settings and demonstrated skills in organizing, planning and coordinating.
- Demonstrated ability to develop trust and mutual respect amongst supervisors and peers.
- Must demonstrate the ability to provide leadership to work groups, organize work tasks, direct others, lead meetings and deliver project presentations.
- Strong proficiency with internal computer systems and applications including: PDMS, MAXIMO, SAP, SAP M&I, GIS, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office.
- Have the aptitude and ability to work in a fast paced, highly technical environment with frequently changing systems and processes.
- Must be able to work independently and with minimal to no supervision for extended periods of time.
Prolonged and intensive periods of typing and mouse work. Prolonged periods of sitting up to 8 hours per day.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.