Associated Wholesale Grocers (AWG) is a retailer-owned cooperative serving over 3,000 retail member stores with a complete assortment of grocery, fresh meat, fresh produce, specialty foods, health care, and general merchandise items. Through an extensive distribution network and nine distribution centers, AWG and its subsidiaries deliver in over 28 states. In addition to its cooperative wholesale operations, the company also operates subsidiary companies that provide real estate and supermarket development services, digital marketing services, and is a wholesale supply provider of health and beauty care, general merchandise, specialty/international foods and pharmaceutical supply. If you have a passion for retail, the drive to succeed in a fast-paced industry, we can't wait for you to join the team! Make us your Best Choice!
Support and influence strategic decisions made by the Company's Real Estate, Market Research and Store Development groups for our AWG member retailers. The initial focus of the position is driving the GIS (Geographic Information Systems) with a transitioning role into a combination GIS and Market Research role.
GIS Position Duties and Responsibilities:
* Use external databases such as MapInfo, Maptitude, Placer, SITESPUS and STI/PopStats to delineate supermarket trade areas.
* Accommodate requests dealing with a wide variety of topics surrounding mapping of supermarkets and their potential customers.
* Creating the maps required for the various reports produced by the Real Estate department (Trade Area, Competition, Demographics, Market Share).
* Maintain and update a master database of stores that can be automatically utilized by our gravity modeling SITESPLUS software.
* Track market changes for all AWG retailers and competitive stores.
* Use and interpret Customer Loyalty Card data to query shoppers spending patterns.
* Create comparative maps for strategic market overviews.
Market Research Position Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform market studies to project supermarket sales for new locations, remodels, expansions, relocations and format changes.
* Evaluate market dynamics in regards to population trends, food potential, competitive retail environment and market changes.
* Prepare and create well-documented written reports detailing appropriate strategies for engagement by AWG member retailers.
* Work with division, store development and senior management on the Company's strategic plans and development goals and priorities.
* Experience with GIS (geographic information system) including Maptitude and MapInfo
* Experience with SITESPLUS or other gravity modeling programming software
* Experience/Knowledge of supermarket operations/business
* Strong Logic and Analytical Skills
* Conversational & Presentation Skills
* Microsoft Software Suite: Excel, PowerPoint, Word
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.