Location: Montana, Michigan, or Wisconsin
Rate: $17.00+/hr. commensurate with experience
mPower Innovations is a growing GIS software and field services company that operates in all major utility markets. mPower provides industry solutions to utilities nationwide both directly and through established partnerships. mPower is headquartered in Iron Mountain, Michigan.
Our growing company is seeking a GIS/GPS Technician to perform visual inspections and data collection related to overhead/above ground utility assets and perform QA/QC of collected data for various projects in the State of Montana and in several other states nationally.
- Associates or higher degree or equivalent experience in GIS, Geomatics, Survey, Geography, Geosciences, Civil Engineering, or related field.
- Experience using GPS hardware and software (such as Trimble, Arrow, Leica, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience and training in Utility Pole Inspection and ability to provide analysis of infrastructure is a plus.
- Ability to identify or learn to identify utility assets/equipment and distribution networks.
- Work outdoors in inclement or severe weather.
- Ability to stand, walk, hike or ride ATV/UTVs for an extended time in rough and uneven terrain, steep hillsides, creeks, remote areas, and heavily traveled roadways.
- Ability to bend, reach, and move to carry items weighing 25 lbs or more.
- Must feel comfortable working alone and/or on a team.
- Travel to support project deployment and field data collection activities (out of town and out of state) for varying lengths of time.
- Must have a valid US Driver's license and be able to travel by airline.
- Knowledge of relational databases.
- Experience using GIS mapping software and processing 2D/3D data.
- Field data collection, data processing, equipment and deployment preparation, GIS production work and other project tasks.
- Utility pole inspection and analysis of infrastructure.
- Perform quality control checks of data collected on GPS collection equipment.
- Analyze GIS data, update and maintain GIS databases.
- Provide technical support to users of GIS software and equipment.
- Other tasks as assigned.
How to Apply
Please submit a Resume and Cover Letter at https://www.mpowerinnovations.com/careers.html
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.