MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
- Bachelor's Degree in Geography, Planning, Computer Science, Engineering, Geographic Information Systems or related field preferred.
- Experience in the use of GIS Software to develop maps, perform analyses, and develop application.
- 3 years' experience in GIS field.
- Experience in GIS surveying.
- Knowledge of ArcInfo (ArcView, ArcGIS).
- Experience in utility operations.
- Experience in computer programming.
- Valid state driver's license (subject to motor vehicle review).
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES:
- Perform complex and progressive GIS Analysis/Modeling/Application Development.
- Responsible for the GIS/GPS field data collection process.
- Perform data manipulation for standardization, data compliance, conversion, and integration of carious GIS compatible format files primarily ESRI & AutoCAD.
- Automate routine manipulative/analytical task using macro language scripting (i.e. Visual Basic, VBA, XML).
- Develop customized applications for data query, display, and analyses for a range of GIS users (expert to novice), in addition feature & attribute data manipulation, map layout creation with ArcView and/or Arc/GIS.
- Design, develop, and maintain multi-thematic and/or geospatial databases.
- Ensure metadata and data standards compliance, documentation, and maintenance.
- Document GIS activities, desktop, procedures, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), etc.
- GPS data collection design, Implementation and management (i.e., training, etc.).
- Coordinate meetings; maintain logs, records, and files.
- Maintain office functionality, monitor tasks and create inventory reports, technical instructions and support.
- Provide GIS training and geospatial expert advice, assistance to the Districts and Headquarters personnel.
- Prepare GIS relevant briefs and presentations for a range of GIS users (expert to novice). Services under this task will include responsibility for cartographic production and drafting.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
-Navajo Veteran Preference
-This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.