Performs a variety of technical duties involved in the preparation and maintenance of the interdepartmental, County-wide geographic information systems (GIS) databases. Compiles data required for land record map preparation or revision, including aerial photographs, survey notes, records, reports, and original maps.
Associate's degree in drafting, pre-engineering, computer science or geographic studies or other closely related field, plus two (2) years of related experience; OR or an equivalent combination of directly related experience and education.
- Uses co-ordinate geometry (COGO) to accurately enter recorded developments and documents.
- Develop and maintain existing G.I.S. maps with adjusted state plane coordinates.
- Utilize technical training to rotate bearings so legal descriptions are entered to the exact location geographically.
- Uses Salt Lake County digital orthophotos and Aerial Photography to ensure completed product is correct.
- Plats and maps electronically, using Arc Info technology, metes and bounds legal descriptions from recorded instruments.
- Reads and interprets metes and bounds legal descriptions.
- Checks validity of ownership to ensure chain of title.
- Through electronic document software maintains various areas of Salt Lake County.
- Assigns parcel numbers to newly created tracts of property.
- Locates parcels being subdivided and checks boundaries.
- Prices new developments for recording.
- Maintains an accurate parcel history.
- Writes remainder descriptions maintaining ownership interest and calculating new acreages.
- Updates Tax Assessment Systems used by entire County.
- Some hand drafting may be required.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.