Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined firm recognized nationally as a “Best Firm to Work For”. We are dedicated to solving challenges and helping our clients achieve their vision. For more information, visit www.timmonsgis.com.
We are currently seeking a GIS Utility Mapping Specialist to join our team in Herndon, Virginia.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- Process attachment permits for Joint Use partners (cable television companies, telephone and telecommunications companies, local governments, private companies)
- Act as a liaison between the Company and Joint Use partners regarding permits, inspections, rebuilds, NESC interpretation and Company policy
- Prepare joint use related construction projects and cost estimates, notifications, CATV permits, billing authorities and revenue calculations
- Assure proper transactions of payments and billing
- Prepare and maintain files of agreements, permits, surveys, inspections, and rebuilds
- Coordinate and/or conduct CATV quality assurance surveys and design projects to meet
- National Electric Safety Code (NESC) and Company requirements
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned (ex. Non-Joint Use Design work)
Preferred Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in GIS, Surveying, Engineering, Geography, Information Systems or related degree, and at least one year of related experience and/or training; or bachelor’s degree or equivalent from four-year college in GIS, Surveying, Engineering, Geography, Information Systems or related degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of distribution design and construction, estimating and NESC codes preferred
- Working knowledge of cable television, telephone and telecommunication companies' operations and interaction with electric utilities preferred
- Working knowledge of how to use computers including the use of software such as Microsoft
- Office Word and Excel and Outlook Email software required
- Working knowledge and experience with data conversion using ArcGIS, AutoCAD or Microstation is required
- Ability to communicate technical information, ability to research, interpret and summarize data
- Must have the ability to prioritize multiple projects from numerous departments
- This individual must be highly motivated, a self-starter; flexible, detail-oriented, enjoy interacting with employees and clients; willing to work at a dynamic pace to complete tasks and meet deadlines; and share a commitment to our firm’s vision, mission and shared values.
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company’s Vision, Mission and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.