Assigned within the City of Manhattan’s Public Works Department. Performs daily tasks related to the creation and maintenance of GIS data.
- Performs GIS tasks and functions; maintains and updates GIS data.
- Assembles, stores, manipulates, and displays geographically referenced information.
Provides maintenance and quality assurance on existing GIS data and maps.
- Transforms digital information gathered from various sources and converts into formats compatible with existing GIS.
- Assigns addresses to new developments and re-developments, responds to requests for re-addressing and addresses inquiries.
- Performs spatial analyses with existing GIS data.
- Produces exhibits conveying the results of analysis which inform decision making and planning.
- Generates maps and other graphics to allow viewers to visualize and understand results of analyses or simulations of potential events.
- Integrates data attributes to build and analyze new maps and geographic information.
- Summarizes information from plans, maps, reports, and field notes.
Performs additional duties as required
- Attends meetings and training.
- Responds to requests for information retrieval from GIS.
- Works with Public Works staff to complete sidewalk notices.
- Manages unpleasant interactions and stress caused by irate and/or defensive customers.
- Prepares reports.
- Ensures compliancy with all applicable regulations, policies, and procedures in all duties.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- One (1) year related experience working with Esri GIS software.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in geography, GIS, computer science, engineering, or related field.
Two (2) or more years related experience working with Esri GIS software.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.