What Success Looks Like In This Job
This position is intended to provide support for assessment mapping. To accurately read, interpret, and trace legal descriptions, including metes and bounds; trace chain of title for correct ownership; and research property information in the various sources of Adams County records.
Examples of Duties for Success
- Use COGO (coordinate geometry) tool to map parcels by legal descriptions on deeds and plats (metes and bounds descriptions.)
- Interpret legal descriptions and analyze existing property documents (deeds/plats/surveys) for accuracy.
- Research and maintain various special district boundaries.
- Research property ownership and boundary disputes.
- Interpret and analyze aerial photography.
- Rectify scanned images to digitize spatial data.
- Create maps as needed for staff and citizens using GIS data.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required.
Qualifications for Success
- Concepts of basic GIS principles.
- Become proficient in cartography and map design.
- Principles, practices, and techniques for applying GIS technology to county land records and related documents.
- Experience with COGO and/or Cadastral Mapping.
- Operate printers, plotter, and scanners.
- Use standard office methods, procedures, and equipment
- Computer Skills: ESRI ArcGIS (ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ToolBox), MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), JD Edwards (Time Entry).
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
More Qualifications for Success
- Experience: Minimum of six (6) months of GIS experience using ESRI ArcGIS and database software for editing and preparation of maps.
- Education and Training: High school diploma or GED equivalent.
License or Certificate:
- Completion of Concepts of Basic GIS principles course work (GIS Certificate.)
- Employee must have a valid Colorado Drivers License.
- Background Check: Must pass a criminal background check.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.