Examples of Duties
- Working daily with property records in the Assessor’s Computer Aided Mass Appraisal (CAMA) database and updating parcel-related layers via GIS software system
- Evaluating and processing various recorded documents including, but not limited to property conveyance documents, subdivision plats, and court orders
- Applying appropriate ownership changes, property modifications and updates to CAMA records and corresponding GIS layers
- Accurately reading and interpreting legal property descriptions, including metes and bounds; tracing chain of title for correct ownership; researching property information in the Boulder
- County Clerk and Recorder’s database system
- Performing numerous calculations for property updates, map development and interpretation
- Performing job functions using GIS technology and Microsoft Office software products (spreadsheets, word processing, data retrieval and output, etc.)
- Providing public service to convey information and answer questions on a wide variety of topics pertaining to property and ownership
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community
- Performs basic GIS analysis functions such as spatial measurement, attribute query, vector overlay, and joining spatial data to non-spatial data
- Identifies and resolves data errors and conflicts using appropriate methods
- Assist in testing software simple processes as they relate to workflow
- Performing duties as required promptly and efficiently
- May be reassigned during emergency situations
PLEASE NOTE: When submitting your application be sure to include all relevant education and experience, as applications are screened based on the qualifications listed in this position announcement. Applications that do not appear to meet minimum qualifications, as outlined below, will not be considered. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of completed applications.
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- At least two years of college coursework with emphasis on GIS, surveying, geography or mathematics.
- A GIS Certificate can be substituted for the two years of college coursework
- At least two years experience in GIS
- Additional related experience may count towards the required education
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of legal descriptions and property transfer documents preferable
Familiarity with Assessment Computer Aided Mass Appraisal (CAMA) software preferable
- Skill at working in the MS Windows environment and using the MS suite of products (Word, Excel, and Access)
- Knowledge of GIS-based mapping, the ESRI suite of desktop products (ArcGIS, ArcSDE) and data management systems
- Knowledge of spatial data concepts, cartographic principles and mapping techniques
- Ability to perform required tasks accurately and efficiently with attention to detail
- Ability to communicate well, verbally and in writing, and listen effectively
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to maintain quality data management, electronic file organization and data integrity, including metadata
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, teams, the public, other partners and government agencies
- Accountable, can prioritize workload to meet deadlines, with high quality work product
- Back and Upper Body (lifting):
- Occasionally performs physical outdoor work, including lifting, carrying equipment including backpacks up to 25 lbs.
Occasionally orienteering, digging, hiking long distances, over rough terrain, which includes maneuvering over limbs, branches, creeks, boulders, etc.
Boulder County is a family-friendly workplace dedicated to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and respectful environment for all employees. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.