Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, maintain and/or modify existing Geographic Information Systems (GIS) databases.
- Perform various GIS related activities including, but not limited to: GPS field data collection,
- GIS data creation and conversion, and GIS data management and quality control.
- Assist Project Managers in the installation and configuration of Esri, FlowGIS 365, and other third party software applications.
- Provide client technical support for FlowGIS 365 and Esri software products.
- Consistently track progress daily, and provide weekly reports to management.
- Travel to complete any necessary fieldwork
- Communicate effectively, both written and oral, with project team and management staff.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Perform other approved duties as assigned by GIS Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of computer applications and functions including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, ESRI, CAD, and other related software.
- Professional GIS experience in the utility sector is also a plus.
- Ability to analyze deficiencies in GPS data and to interpret spatial point data.
- General understanding of coordinate systems, projections, and datums.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to excel in a detail-oriented environment with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Must have valid driver's license and able to operate a car or truck.
- Must be mobile and able to work in various locations in the United States.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Geography, Geospatial Information Systems, or other closely related degrees.
- 1 to 3 years of GIS experience showing demonstrated proficiency in Esri’s ArcGIS software suite of products.
- Experience in compiling formal written reports for external clients.
- Professional experience with client management and interaction.
- Appropriately licensed to operate a motor vehicle
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.