GIS Technician is an entry-level position that performs basic data production. In this position, team members will perform basic commodity mapping by analyzing utility maps, sketches, field photographs, and tabular data.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Create and/or maintain basic data production functions (for gas, electric, or telecommunication commodities) using GIS-related software (e.g. gas new service installation).
- General understanding of all project tools/specifications to complete work.
- Analyze utility maps, sketches, field photographs, and tabular data.
- Meet the quality standards per the project requirements.
- Meet the productivity standards per the project requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 0-1 year of related GIS experience.
- Willingness and ability to gain basic understanding of commodities.
- Display competency in editing, manipulating, and analyzing data within a GIS.
- Detail oriented, organized, and quality focused.
- Ability to work with moderate supervision.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate issues effectively to supervisor.
- Takes the initiative to learn new things.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of GIS software.
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Education, Certifications, and/or Experience
- Degree in Geography, Computer Science, a related field, and/or equivalent work experience. Relevant certifications are desirable, but not required.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.