Would you like to work in a customer oriented environment where outstanding County services are provided on a daily basis? Are you an organized individual with property mapping experience? Catawba County is recruiting for a GIS Technician to update and maintain the cadastral (parcel) layer of the County's Geographic Information System (GIS), as well as ensure correct ownership in the Land Records System.
- Maintenance of mapping data
- Update and maintain cadastral layer of GIS by completing all land splits, subdivisions, and property adjustments within assigned area of the County
- Maintain parcel identification numbers, annexed areas, right-of-ways, and acreage information used for assessing land value
- Maintain correct property ownership information within deed files, GIS, and Land
- Records/CAMA software for tax billing purposes
- Assist and answer questions from the public regarding property lines, acreage, deed information, or other areas pertaining to mapping or ownership
- Bachelor's Degree in Geography, GIS, or related degree; OR
- Associates Degree in Geography, GIS or related degree and 1 year of experience in land records, mapping, or other GIS related work; OR
- Graduation from High School and 2 years of experience in land records, mapping, or other GIS related work
- Knowledge of ESRI (ArcMap) software
- Knowledge of state specifications and guidelines for property mapping
- Certified North Carolina Property Mapper or ability to obtain certification within 2 years
- Cartographic skills to make maps aesthetically pleasing
- Knowledge of spatial data
- Excellent communication skills with a high focus on customer service
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to interpret ownership transfers from deeds, death certificates, and wills
- Accurate and efficient data entry skills in order to key Land Records data effectively
- This position is considered light work, lifting up to 20 pounds.
- Knowledge of IAS World Land Records/CAMA software
- Experience in Land Record mapping using ESRI (ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro) software
- NC Department of Revenue's "Fundamentals of Listing and Assessment"
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.