The purpose of this position is to create, collect, review, analyze and validate enterprise asset data within the GIS or other asset information databases/applications. Primary responsibilities for all subsidiaries include performing QA/QC on asset and landbase records into geospatial format for infrastructure construction projects and producing related maps, reports, and queries.
- Schedule and submit workload to meet critical engineering design due dates.
- Collaborate and work with engineering staff to perform daily assigned tasks as related to specific functions that may include any combination of drawings, review of, or the creation / update of drawings.
- Create designs of feeder and distribution cable facilities using appropriate tools.
- General clerical duties, tasks or special projects as occasionally required or assigned. Maintain safe working habits/conditions according to regulations and policies.
- Converts Design and As-built data into the geographic information system (GIS) ensuring that quality and turnaround time metrics are consistently met
- Creates maps, drawings and reports for internal and external customers ensuring that quality and turnaround time metrics are consistently met
- Ensures workflows with various internal departments are accurate and documented
- Participates in system integration and conversion projects with efforts that lead to delivering on time, on budget, on schedule and desired quality outcomes
- Processes, prepares and converts data to enter into GIS from a variety of data formats
- Must have the ability to work with a team of professionals and have excellent time management skills
- Working knowledge of geodatabases, georeferencing, spatial and attribute data entry and editing
- Ability to quickly learn new skills and abilities with database technologies, data modeling, and scripting as needed
- Experience with Esri geodatabase design, structure and management
- Work with existing GIS standards and assist development and roll-out of new procedures
- Creates output, such as maps and graphs, using computer and geographic information system software and related equipment.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED
- Working knowledge of Esri ArcGIS and 3-GIS Software in a utility or utility related environment ( 0-2 Years experience)
- Esri ArcGIS 10.2x –basic proficiency
- MS Office suite (Access, Excel, Word) – Intermediate proficiency
- ArcMap – basic proficiency a plus
- AutoCAD/CADD – basic proficiency
- Outside Plant/Telecom experience preferred
- AutoCAD and Map 3D experience preferred
- Outside Plant/Telecom experience preferred
- Knowledge of GIS principles, including projection, editing, cartography, geodatabases, queries
- Experience using Esri Data Reviewer and Workflow Manager Extensions
- Experience converting data between CAD and GIS
- Strong understanding of content and document management applications
- Knowledge of publishing with ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online; including data versioning, multiuser and replication
- Ability to work well with GIS staff as well as other departments
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions, prioritize tasks and communicate progress
- Ability to meet project deadlines
- Desire to continue learning new technologies
- Applicant may possess a combination of equivalent education and work experience.
Engineering Associates (EA) offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. A wide range of benefit choices is available for our employees and their families, including medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, 401(k) retirement savings plans, stock purchase plans and more.
- Medical/Prescription Plans - Four medical plan options which include prescription drug benefits.
- Dental Plans - Two dental insurance options - a high option plan that covers most dental treatments along with diagnostics and preventive care; and a low option plan that covers the basic diagnostics and preventive care.
- Group Vision Plan - A PPO plan where participating doctors provide eye exams and substantial discounts for services and materials.
- Flexible Spending Account - Benefit allows pre-tax dollars to be contributed annually to a reimbursement account for your and your family members' qualified healthcare expenses.
- Retirement Savings Plans - 401(K) - Once eligible, employees have the option to invest 1%-75% of their salary. The company will match a portion of this investment.
- Stock Purchase Plan - Allows employees to purchase company stock through payroll deductions.
- Short & Long Term Disability - Groups rates for disability insurance benefits which will replace a portion of your income due to illness or injury.
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance - Life and AD&D insurance at group rates.
- Company Discounts on hotels, travel, entertainment, vehicle purchases, etc.
- Legal Services Insurance - Access to legal professionals at favorable rates.
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Educational Assistance Program
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.