Located in Houston, Texas; reporting to the Vice President, Engineering, provides routine digital data and mapping support to exploration, land, marketing, regulatory, environmental, engineering, & operations (both in-office & in the field). Creates, loads, enters, verifies, manipulates, analyzes and reports data related to industry activity. Provides user support for software systems to other technical support and professional personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage installation, configuration, upgrades, troubleshooting of GIS software
- Compile data required for map preparation from multiple end users, data sources, and data types
- Creation and updating of GIS databases/maps (data digitizing, feature creation, editing)
- Ability to analyze spatial and technical data
- Determine map content and layout specifications (scale, size, map projection)
- Creation of specific maps for multiple divisions within the company (Geology, Land, Operations, Marketing, Environmental).
- High school diploma or equivalent required, a related college degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 year’s work experience required or a college degree with two years oil & gas experience
- Excellent analytical & mathematical skills
- Experience with AutoCad software is essential.
- ArcGIS experience a plus.
- Petra experience a plus.
- Ability to understand oil and gas legal descriptions (Jeffersonian and Non-Jeffersonian) including metes and bounds descriptions.
- Experience Lease Mapping Essential.
- Experience working with Enertia Map Suite would be valuable
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.