Theorem Geo Associates is currently seeking a full-time GIS Technician that will provide GIS support on various GIS related projects to include providing support to a large investor owned utility (IOU) in the Charlotte, NC area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of the position include:
· Support the attainment of necessary data from various state/county agencies.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with the ability to effectively interface with both internal and external customers.
· Provide support in the acquisition of database information and collect detailed and specific data, filter the data of pertinent information, and upload the data into current GIS platforms.
· Provide quality control by ensuring data is filed into proper classification parameters
· Create and edit features and associated attributes.
· Implement periodic database updates to the current GIS system.
· Transfer collected data onto GIS system/server using applicable software.
· Correct QA/QC errors.
· Modify and update database and track project progress.
· Be responsible managing, administering, and coordinating various GIS related tasks, workflows, and processes.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
· This individual will remain available to assist other employees working on either internal or external projects as it pertains to GIS related work.
· A team player and willing to jump in and assist in the completion of time sensitive projects when necessary.
· Duties can include troubleshooting software issues, assisting in the creation of efficient workflows, bringing efficiencies to less efficient existing workflows.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Additional Skills and Abilities:
Theorem Geo Associates (TGA) is a multi-disciplined company, that specializes in proprietary software development, shoreline management, storm response, predictive outage modeling, meteorological impact analysis, vegetation management transmission & distribution, unmanned aerial systems (drones).
Serving the utility industry for over a decade, TGA deploys proprietary software development and databases to solve challenging problems for businesses, utilities and governments. TGA’s data-driven analytics help industry automate and streamline regulatory compliance, operations monitoring, emergency response & other business challenges.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.