Summary: Quanta Subsurface is seeking an entry to mid-level GIS Technician to support our growing design and construction team based in Spokane, Washington. This is a staff level position, assisting the GIS/Geomatics Manager in efforts to integrate ArcGIS software throughout the company. The ideal candidate is very comfortable using ArcGIS software and is familiar with an array of geoprocessing tools and their capabilities to problem solve and provide work-around solutions to common ArcGIS processing errors and obstacles. You will have the opportunity to leverage strong geospatial skills and collaborate with experts in various disciplines to apply GIS technologies on a variety of projects within the power generation and transmission industry. Familiarity with the application of GIS in Geologic, Geotechnical and/or Environmental fields is a plus.
- Assist in general processing and updating of existing geodatabases.
- Assist in designing and building databases and models for project-related workflows
- Creative assistance with database and system design.
- Alongside the GIS Manager, help oversee/administer company-wide use of ArcGIS software.
- Assist in various requests from other departments in reporting, cartographic presentation or other GIS-related needs.
- Perform quality checks on active processes.
- GIS/GISP Certification OR Bachelor's Degree in Geographic Information Systems, Geography, Computer Science or related field OR Minimum one (1) year work experience using ArcGIS at a GIS Technician/Assistant level with applied cartography, database management, and spatial analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to comfortably operate ArcGIS, Google Earth, Microsoft Excel (and other Microsoft Office Suite) and/or QGIS.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and troubleshoot ArcGIS-related challenges.
- Strong cartographic and visual design standards to make work products look great for both print and web.
- Strong data management skills including creating, editing, and transforming GIS data
- Experience using ArcGIS Pro and/or ArcGIS Online or Portal
- Experience building an enterprise geodatabase alongside Microsoft SQL Server file database
- Experience working with versioned geodatabase
- Experience creating Web apps in ArcGIS Online or Portal or any level of ArcGIS Development
- Experience with Trimble products suite, including TerraSync and Pathfinder Office/Positions a plus. Position may involve some fieldwork
- Experience with Python
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.