The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are the largest electric and gas utility in Michigan with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America. We are a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Detroit, Michigan with businesses in 26 different states.
DTE Energy’s utility and non-utility businesses are poised for significant growth. We look forward to working with highly motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of growing economically and environmentally.
We care for our employees and prioritize their health and safety first. Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work and has received the following accolades:
· Gallup Great Workplace Award for 3 consecutive Years! (2013, 2014 and 2015)
· Metropolitan Detroit’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work For
· J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
· Professional Women’s Magazine/Black EOE Journal “Best of the Best”
· Computerworld’s 100 Best Places to Work in IT
· Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
· Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Utilizes Geographic Information System (GIS) techniques to provide a better understanding of certain variables in a given geographic location. Extracts data from GIS software and databases. Provides maps and data sets to clients to supplement analysis. Knowledgeable in GIS software and technology; works under immediate supervision and in conjunction with GIS Analyst. Instructions & pre-established guidelines to perform the job functions are minimal.
1. Use techniques to produce map products and graphic representations of data for organizations within the Corporation.
2. Extracts data from GIS software and produces geographic maps.
3. Provides maps and data sets to clients to supplement analyses.
4. Imports CAD Documents into appropriate GIS coordinates.
5. Produces GIS geospatial drawings and occasional CAD drawing design, construction, and main-tenance documents.
6. Performs a variety of tasks, including training others; a wide degree of creativity is expected
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities cited in this description, depending on the organization & role to which they're assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature & level of work being performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the right of any supervisory or management representative to assign, direct & control the work of employees under his supervision.
MINIMUM: Associate degree in Applied Science or certificate issued by an accredited associate degree-granting institution in CAD/GIS or a directly relevant curriculum, and 3-plus months of field experience (inclusive of internship or related experience); Competent in the use of ESRI GIS software including the ArcGIS platform, ArcGIS Server along with experience with Televent Miner/Miner applications. Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Microsoft Windows and MSOffice software.
PREFERRED: Bachelors degree in a CAD/GIS-related discipline, and 3- plus years of GIS-related experience.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.