Responsible for placing safety as #1 priority in day to day work routine for self and others. Responsible for interpreting, analyzing, editing and maintaining the Enterprise GIS system utilizing the latest GIS and/or CAD software. Data and information come from various sources that include internal and external: operational as-built, landbase resources and detailed maps of electric and natural gas transmission and distribution facilities. Updates, expands, and maintains existing system maps and records. Assist in developing detailed construction drawings for electric and/or natural gas construction projects.
GIS Technician I - Must possess a two-year degree in geographic information systems (GIS), CAD design, geography, landscape architecture, or have equivalent experience at a level normally acquired through a working knowledge of GIS or CAD, geographic analysis, drafting, and design principles and practices.
GIS Technician II - Must possess a four-year degree in geographic information systems (GIS), CAD design, geography, landscape architecture, or have equivalent experience at a level normally acquired through a working knowledge of GIS or CAD, geographic analysis, drafting, and design principles and practices.
Key Skills & Competencies
• Thorough knowledge of gas and/or electric distribution and automated mapping systems.
• Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
• Proficient in the use of ESRI ArcGIS and Microsoft Office applications
One year Utility related GIS or CAD technical experience with drafting and mapping, knowledge of property descriptions and land plats, landbase, and surveying practices. A special emphasis placed on accurate facility mapping, drafting, proficient in the use of ESRI ArcGIS products and Microsoft Office applications. Experience with gas and electric systems and their operation is a strong plus.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States, no sponsorships considered.
• Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
• As required by ND state law, applicants are hereby notified that smoking is prohibited in and around MDU facilities and permissible only in designated areas.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.