Merrick & Company is seeking a GIS/Geomatics Technician with two – four years’ experience to work in our Tucker office.
- Takes direction to perform GIS data gathering, digitizing, conversion, and analysis
- Applies cartographic standards to prepare maps and exhibits using GIS datasets
- Provides support to senior GIS staff
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality
- Two (2) - four (4) years’ experience working with ESRI 10.x software applications and extensions
- Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required Access preferred
- Bachelor’s degree OR Associates or GIS Certificate is preferred
- High school diploma is required
- Local candidates preferred
- Knowledge of shapefiles and geodatabases
- Knowledge of data projections and how to manipulate
- Demonstrated understanding of basic GIS concepts and methodologies such as drawing scale, spatial databases, spatial projections and coordinate systems, text and annotation placement, layer control, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of cartographic methods
- Attention to detail, organized, customer focused
- Able to work in a team and multitask
- Ability to work effectively on tight deadlines when necessary
- Ability to track and report project progress for timesheet and budget reporting
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS Pro a plus
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS Online and Web Mapping services a plus
- Working knowledge of ESRI field apps (Collector, Explorer, and Quick Capture)
- Some field work will be required, accompany project teams to transmission line study areas and walking in proposed rights-of-ways to collect GPS locations
- Able to spend extended periods of time working at desktop computer.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers and scanners.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.