To maintain, analyze, create, and plot GIS databases. This is accomplished by developing and documenting workflows, coordinating GIS data exchange with other City departments, performing mapping and GIS spatial data analysis, and collecting and updating GIS data. Other duties include creating GIS datasets, digitizing geographic data, creating map layouts and reports, and using GPS equipment to locate GIS features.
- Maintains GIS data by digitizing and attributing data; scanning source material and importing information into GIS software; ensuring the integrity of database information; monitoring backup processes; creating and running queries to import and export data; generating reports and cartographically appropriate maps.
- Assists with GPS collection by developing a data directory; collecting field data with hand-held mapping grade or survey grade GPS units; importing and analyzing field data in GIS software; maintaining quality control of imported data.
- Implements new work flows by analyzing existing processes; assessing various alternatives for capture, manipulation, and incorporation of data with the use of GIS software and GPS equipment; building schemas; documenting new workflows and submitting for approval; and training personnel in the use of approved changes.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Associate's degree in engineering, surveying, geography or computer science
- Two or more years of related GIS experience.
- Valid NC Class C Driver's License
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.