For more than 30 years, Novara has specialized in the design, development and application of geospatial solutions that combine geography, data and analysis. These solutions increase transparency and data accuracy within organizations to allow clients to make informed decisions even in the most complex scenarios.
Novara, a CHA Company, is currently seeking a GIS Technician I to join our Data Management Services group in the Norwell, MA office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs basic data gathering and data conversion tasks
- Utilizes Esri and related GIS platforms for data capture and associated tasks
- Performs basic database/geo-database and metadata management tasks
- Performs basic geo-processing and spatial analysis operations using GIS
- Prepares basic cartographic maps as needed using GIS software
- Develops working knowledge relative to specific industry specific data sets
- Maintains Novara standard for accuracy and quality
- Makes corrections as necessary based on Quality Control processes and reports
- Performs other related duties, as assigned
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography, GIS certificate or related degree; or 1 year of experience working in GIS
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Basic Microsoft Office skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access
- Basic ESRI ArcMap/ArcGIS Pro software skills
- Basic knowledge of geographically referenced data required (projections, datum, map scales, etc.)
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, Smallworld, MapInfo, Google Earth a plus
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow procedures and perform tasks with a high degree of efficiency, accuracy and quality
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to balance details with the big picture
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently and as an effective team member
- Ability to conduct yourself in a professional manner with both internal and external customer
CHA takes pride in recruiting, developing and retaining highly talented individuals. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a comprehensive benefits package and a variety of opportunities for our employees’ professional growth and development.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.