Applications are now being accepted for full-time GIS Technician in the IT Department at Ada County Highway District in the Boise, Idaho area. The starting wage is $17.83 - $20.50 per hour, DOQ.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- The GIS Technician employs various methods to input data into the ACHD GIS, such as COGO, database input, data transfer, and GPS. The incumbent gathers data from subdivision plans, legal documents, other County agencies, and project-related data sources.
- The GIS Technician performs technical work in the development, investigation, and maintenance of spatial and tabular data utilized by ACHD GIS. The incumbent will use the GIS software to input data, perform quality control checks, and create custom maps.
- The successful candidate must have a good knowledge of GIS principles, automated mapping, cartography, and data conversion. Experience with ArcGIS software is a must.
- The candidate must have some knowledge of database design, highway and/or engineering practices, cartographic and land related mathematical calculations, and land survey terminology and techniques.
- Or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources by 4:30 p.m., July 11, 2019. Applications are available at 3775 Adams St, Garden City, ID or at www.achdidaho.org.
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.